If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (888) 886-8825

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Electrical Fires and What you Need to Know

2/27/2021 (Permalink)

The majority of home fires are caused by electrical failures or malfunctions. These fires result in billions of dollars in property damage each year. Overloaded electrical circuits are a major cause of residential fires. Don’t become one of the statistics, know the warning signs of an overloaded electrical circuit:

  • Flickering, blinking, or dimming lights
  • Frequently tripped circuit breakers or blown fuses
  • Warm or discolored wall plates
  • Cracking, sizzling, or buzzing from receptacles
  • Burning odor coming from receptacles or wall switches
  • Mild shock or tingle from appliances, receptacles, or switches

Help lower your risk of electrical fires by not overloading your electrical system. If you do experience a fire in your home or business call the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Annapolis/Severna Park to help. We have the training and specialized equipment necessary to clean effectively and quickly.

Other News

View Recent Posts